FOR SUPPLIERS: 10 Ways to Prepare for IFA Convention
We know that almost everyone in franchising is gearing up for one of our favorite events of the year – the 2023 IFA Annual Convention. So, we put together a helpful resource of the top 10 ways to prepare for IFA, whether it’s your first time or 20th.
Check out the video, featuring FSN’s Ryan Hicks, Zack Fishman & Dean Hatzitheodosiou as well as special guest Paul Rocchio, the VP of Development at IFA!
A few takeaways:
- Pre-Conference Sales Etiquette: Vet your list before beginning pre-conference sales outreach. Speaking of outreach, it’s all about polite persistence. Spamming franchise leaders, sending mass emails and repeated follow ups is frowned upon, so don’t do it.
- What to Pack: If you have a booth, send extra scissors, power strips, cable cords, pens, etc. ahead of the conference. We also get into the world of the post-pandemic dress code.
- Setting Meetings: Schedule meetings with prospective partners for non-booth hours – a breakfast meeting or during a breakout that they aren’t attending. Keep your meetings brief!
- After Hours Events: Don’t try to sneak into any events (or beg to get into any that you aren’t on the list for).
- Presenting: Stay focused and engaged when talking to potential partner – this is different than remote meetings!
- Booth Etiquette: Spark conversations and create relationships – this is just as valuable as a focus on sales.
- Sessions & Round Tables: Attend presentations that are in adjacent industries and areas of the business, to get a well-rounded education on what’s going on in franchising.
- Networking with Other Suppliers: Don’t be afraid to talk to competitors about common issues or create strategic alliances with other suppliers. There’s power in numbers!
Need more help?
- Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions!
- FSN Members: Email us your top 3 connections you’re hoping to make at the Convention. We can help make introductions and even have meetings on your behalf!